Monday, September 21, 2009

Can I rent an apartment in California at 17 for college

Can I rent an apartment in California at 17 for college?
Ok im 17 and i currently have my GED and im going to be attending Fresno city college in California and i was wondering if I could rent an apartment? Financial aid will be covering my housing if that helps.
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Yes and No. No one will rent an apartment to you because you are not legally capable of signing a contract. Also you have no credit. Your parents are going to rent the apartment for you. Because they can be held liable for the contract and you would pay with your finicial aid.
Answer 2 :
It depends. When I moved to San Francisco for school, I lived in a house where I just paid the rent to the girl who's mom leased it. I didn't sign a thing and my name was never on the lease. If you can find a place like that your age wouldn't be a problem. For a lease, your parents would have to sign for you. Good luck!
Answer 3 :
At 17 years old, you're still consider a minor and if anything happens, it will be hard for them to sue you or take you to court. You may want to have a co signer with a good credit until you're 18 years old.





Read more discussions :

No comments:

Post a Comment