Thursday, May 7, 2009

What University/College in California has a great teaching program

What University/College in California has a great teaching program?
I want to become a third grade teacher, but I would like to know what University/College in California has a really good program in that. -Also what are the steps to become an elementary school teacher?
Teaching - 5 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Dude, any of them.
Answer 2 :
I don't know about the second question, but Sacramento State is supposed to have a fantastic school of education.
Answer 3 :
I'm from CA and went to CSU, Sacramento for my undergrad and some teaching classes and an alternative program for my credential (Project Pipeline). My experiences: CSUS: Good. Not great, but overall good. I had 4 classes and a good experience. Project Pipeline: Utter crap. Seriously. The pro was that there wasn't much work to do at all. The con was that I had to spend every other Friday night and Saturday in their classrooms learning about NOTHING and wasting time. Horrid program- wouldn't ever recommend. What I've heard from friends I teach with: SJSU: Decent, but a TON of work. You'll work your butt off reflecting like crazy for your credential. National University: Friend said it was good, but very expensive.
Answer 4 :
Cal Poly San Luis Obispo has an excellent program...but hard to get into. Need a good GPA and SAT's. I went there and they really try to prepare you for teaching. You are doing a lot of work in actual classrooms long before your student teaching. They have a 5 yr program that graduates you with your Liberal Studies degree and your crendential. To get your credential you need to complete the classes and do 2 semesters of student teaching.
Answer 5 :
California Baptist University Steps: Get your Bachelor's Degree (4yr degree) Take the classes to get your teaching credential for K-6 (about a year's worth of classes unless you start them before graduating with a Bachelor's) Take the state exams that also are required to earn a credential - here in California they are the CBEST, RICA, and C-SET Student Teach at an elementary school After student teaching you earn your teaching credential and go out and look for a job





Read more discussions :

No comments:

Post a Comment