Saturday, January 1, 2011

What city in California is better for a college student

What city in California is better for a college student?
I am thinking about moving to California for college. The cities that I'm looking at are: Sacramento, Sunnyvale, Laguna Beach, San Diego, San Francisco, Sanata Ana, Santa Monica, San Bernardino, and L.A. Which city would be better for a college student in an art school? (I'm looking for a nice, clean, fun, artsy area.) I'm looking at the Art Institute schools, by the way. No major universities. I plan on going to school for Interior Design.
Higher Education (University +) - 4 Answers
People's Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
I love San Diego, it has a lot of shoreline places including beaches. Its also a military city so expect a lot of active military people there. And there are a few colleges there but I forgot how many, the one I remember the most is San Diego State.
Answer 2 :
For art school and a general culture of art you can't beat San Francisco, although San Diego is a close second and I find it to be a more fun place.
Answer 3 :
If you want clean, I would avoid San Francisco, L.A, Sacramento, San Bernardino, and Santa Ana. I don't think of Sunnyvale as artsy at all, and San Diego only slightly. That would leave Laguna and Santa Monica. I know a lot of students who have enjoyed living in Laguna, and it is a little easier for a student, I would say, than Santa Monica.
Answer 4 :
If your interest was in art, i would strongly suggest you to consider San Diego as a top choice, but for art, I have to go for LA.





Read more discussions :

No comments:

Post a Comment